• 1 small potato (approximately 120g)
• 2 small basil leaves
• 3 medium-sized ripe tomatoes (approximately 190g)
• 150ml of baby’s usual milk*
*This can be expressed breast milk or your baby’s usual formula made up according to the instructions on pack.Utensils
• Handheld blender or food processorAllergens
For a homemade, creamy textured soup that your baby can enjoy all year round, why not try our delicious creamed tomato and basil soup? For babies that are now starting to crawl and discover new flavours, the combination of basil with the creamy tomato in this recipe will ensure they have a varied meal with exciting tastes and textures!
If you’ve wondered how to make soup for babies then try our tomato and basil soup below. It’s easy for them to eat - making it ideal for lunch or dinner! Our tasty soup recipe for babies can be made in less than half an hour and if you want to introduce your little one to different types of vegetables, you can adapt this recipe and add a variety of extra tasty veg for them to enjoy.
Our tasty tomato soup contains basil to give it extra flavour, a common herb often found in family cooking. Adding these sorts of ingredients is a great way to introduce your little one to foods that they’re likely to encounter later on in their development, and our tomato and basil soup recipes for babies is sure to be a favourite for years to come! This recipe can even be adapted as your child develops, making it a meal that can be enjoyed throughout their time as a toddler.
Read on to find out how to make a delicious soup recipe for babies.
Remember: recipes from previous stages are still suitable for your growing child.
1. Peel, wash and cut the potato into chunks. Wash the basil leaves.
2. Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water. Remove them carefully with a spoon, then remove the skins, deseed and chop.
3. Cook the potato in a pan of water for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and basil leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Drain the vegetables.
6. Blend the potato, tomatoes and basil leaves with the milk in a food processor or blender until smooth.
7. Serve warm.
Freeze the remaining portion of this tomato and basil soup for babies in a clean sealable container.
Good to Know
You can use tinned tomatoes for this recipe to save time, but make sure you deseed them before use.