1 medium potato (approximately 180g)
1 small onion (approximately 60g)
15ml (1 tbsp) rapeseed or olive oil
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of turmeric
100g cooked chickpeas
300ml vegetable stock (use an unsalted vegetable stock)
- Non-stick saucepan
- Handheld blender or food processor
- Wash, peel and dice the potato. Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the potato and onion with the spices for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and stock, then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend together the mixture using a handheld blender or food processor. Do not add any salt.
- Serve warm.
Cool any leftovers and transfer to ice cube trays and freeze to provide convenient portions for future use. This is a great top tip if you’re stuck for time and need to make a simple yet tasty Aloo Chana for your hungry little infant!
Good to know
The creamy consistency of chickpeas makes our Aloo Chana baby curry recipe yummy!
Encouraging broccoli baby food in your baby’s mealtimes will ensure they’re trying new textures whilst benefiting from some essential nutrients.
Try our lentil baby food recipe, a great dish that can be ready in less than half an hour!