Aloo Chana (Potato and Chickpea Curry)
• 1 medium potato (approximately 180g)
• 1 small onion (approximately 60g)
• 15ml (1 tbsp) rapeseed or olive oil
• pinch of cinnamon
• pinch of turmeric
• 100g cooked chickpeas
• 300ml vegetable stock (use an unsalted vegetable stock)Utensils
• Non-stick saucepan
• Handheld blender or food processor
As your baby grows, their taste for new foods and textures will change so it’s important to introduce them to a variety of meals as they get older. That’s why our Aloo Chana curry recipe for babies includes an assortment of exciting ingredients, including cinnamon and turmeric, to encourage your baby to try new flavours.
Made with potato and chickpeas, our Aloo Chana recipe is perfect for busy parents on the go. This baby curry recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and will be ready to eat within half an hour. The great thing about our Aloo Chana curry recipe for babies is that it is a quick and easy recipe that your baby can enjoy for either lunch or dinnertime. It’s also handy if you’re looking for a dish that’s full of flavour!
See below if you’re ready to try our delicious Aloo Chana baby curry recipe, a great recipe for hungry tummies!
Remember: recipes from previous stages are still suitable for your growing child.
1. Wash, peel and dice the potato. Peel and finely dice the onion.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the potato and onion with the spices for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the chickpeas and stock, then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Blend together the mixture using a handheld blender or food processor. Do not add any salt.
5. Serve warm.
Cool any leftovers and transfer to ice cube trays and freeze to provide convenient portions for future use. This is a great top tip if you’re stuck for time and need to make a simple yet tasty Aloo Chana for your hungry little infant!
Good to know
The creamy consistency of chickpeas makes our Aloo Chana baby curry recipe yummy!