- Half a papaya (otherwise known as paw paw) (approximately 140g)
- Handheld blender or food processor
Try making this easy papaya purée for babies and introduce your little one to exciting new tastes and textures. This ‘no cook’ supper is yummy and nutritious, and it’s a great way to give them their first taste of a tropical fruit. Papaya is also known as ‘paw paw’. As it’s so soft and colourful, it’s one of our favourite baby fruit purée recipes for little ones who are just beginning to eat.
If you enjoy making our papaya purée for babies, you can try using other fruits such as banana or very ripe mango, or even ripe avocado. If your little one is feeling adventurous, you could try combining fruits for slightly more complex flavours.
Our papaya for babies recipe is great for busy mums as dads, as our no cook supper takes just 5 minutes to prepare. As it can be made using a variety of fruits, you can always substitute it with other things you might have.
1. Wash and peel the ripe papaya, remove the seeds with a spoon, and dice.
2. Blend the papaya using a handheld blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Serve in a bowl and feed to your baby with a spoon.
This recipe is not suitable for freezing. Make sure you get all the papaya seeds out before you dice the fruit.
Good To Know
Ripe papaya is a good food to introduce to your baby as it’s soft and easy to chew. You can also use this baby fruit purée recipe for infants who have left Stage One.