• 1 medium potato (approximately 180g)
• 150g butternut squash (approximately 100g prepared weight)
• 60g courgette
• 450ml vegetable stock (made using an unsalted vegetable stock cube)Utensils
• Handheld blender or food processor
Help your growing baby discover new textures and flavours with different types of recipes. There are many vegetable recipes for babies that include a variety of healthy and nutritious ingredients, and our tasty vegetable casserole is a quick and easy meal that can be prepared and cooked in less than half an hour!
Casserole recipes for babies are extremely versatile as you can adapt the recipes yourself and add a mix of vegetables for your baby to enjoy. Why not try adding parsnip, swede or even sweet potato to your casserole?
Our vegetable casserole is a great way to introduce your little one to new flavours in an easy way for them to eat and enjoy. This recipe will help make mealtimes quicker, especially as it’s also freezer-friendly- so you can quickly heat up a frozen portion when you are pushed for time.
1. Wash, peel and dice the potato and butternut squash. Finely slice the courgette.
2. Heat the stock in a pan and cook the vegetables for about 10-15 minutes or until soft. Drain and reserve the stock.
3. Blend together the vegetables with enough reserved stock to make a smooth puree, using a handheld blender or food processor. Do not add any salt.
4. Serve warm.
Cool any leftovers and transfer to ice cube trays and freeze to provide convenient portions for future use. This casserole recipe for babies can contain any combination of vegetables. Why not try parsnip, swede or peas to add variety.
Good to Know
Our casserole recipes for babies are great for older children too! Simply use finely chopped vegetables which can be lightly mashed if required.